Friday 8 May 2020

German Time Pyramid

The Time Pyramid (German: Zeitpyramide) is a work of public art by Manfred Laber under construction in Wemding, Germany.
The pyramid, begun in 1993, at the 1,200th anniversary of Wemding, will take another 1163 years to complete and is scheduled to be finished in the year 3183. As of 2020, the first 3 of its scheduled 120 concrete blocks have been placed.The plan is to install 1 block every 10 years and finish 120 installations by Wemding's 2400th Anniversary! 

The blocks are as tall as an average human being. And the entire structure would be 9 metres tall with a 15 metres broad base once completed. On completion the structure will have 4 tiers. The base tier will have 8×8 i.e., 64 blocks and will be completed by 2634. The second tier will have 6×6 blocks and will be completed by the year 2983. Similarly a 4×4 third tier will be completed by 3143 and the final layer consisting of 4 blocks will be completed by 3183.
The next concrete block will be installed in 2023,  official date hasn't been declared yet! The material of the block is not fixed and may be altered in future generations based on availability. One thing I find fascinating about this project is that once completed it would be the living (I mean dead but metaphorically living) evidence of evolution of petrology, geology, metallurgy and culture over a millenium and what would make it a better evidence than the one's we have now like the Colosseum is it's dynamic nature. 

Footnotes and Image Credits : wikipedia

And a special thanks to Vsauce for making such amazing content. 

7 comments:

  1. Mr. Udaya, I think you have just presented facts and numbers here. Why don't you go a little bit in detail like what do you think, can our descendents ever complete this project? What if we colonise other planet and rebuild our civilisation there. But honestly, I think that's for another blog.
    👊👊😃😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A blog on your questions on 15th May, 2020. That's a promise!

      Delete
  2. Through this post, I know that your good knowledge in playing with all the pieces was very helpful. I notify that this is the first place where I find issues I've been searching for. You have a clever yet attractive way of writing. https://unternehmen.focus.de/wohnsachwerte-erfahrungen.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read !! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. https://unternehmen.welt.de/wohnsachwerte-erfahrungen.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really nice and meanful. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them usefull information. https://firmen.stern.de/wohnsachwerte.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. https://firmen.handelsblatt.com/wohnsachwerte.html

    ReplyDelete

Flight

" Kamal! I want to drive your bullet." announced Shashikala. " Sure maa. Where do you want me to take you? Rajiv Nagar marke...